Thursday 25 December 2014

Welcome to my Hobby Blog

Howdy to all,

I'd like to start by prefacing what my hopes and goals with this blog are. Too often hobbyists , especially ones in the Warhammer 40k community, can get some serious faction/model ADD whenever a new shiny toy comes out.  My hope is that with this blog, i will be able to not only start putting a dent into starting to complete my sea of bare plastic, but also post up how i got to the complete stage. I am by no means a great painter or hobbyist; i would consider myself average(hence the name of the blog).  I can in a reasonable amount of time get to a table top standard that still looks good up close.

One thing i'd also like to do with this blog is share my honest reviews of models that i pick up, the clean up, assembly of those models and issues that someone who has never opened that kit before may experience and the easy solution to sort out said problems(in order to save you time by learning from my mistakes).

My last goal with this blog is a bit of a two-parter. I would like to share tactics, review new books, and my thoughts on them. Take this with a grain of salt also, I'm by no means a WAAC player. I enjoy playing, i enjoy rolling a lot of dice, and i enjoy the fluff; but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy winning, it just means that i try to find the best list possible for my faction, and not play a faction that i don't like the aesthetic, fluff or feel of because it wins.  The second part of the last goal is to motivate you, the community into any aspect of hobbying or playing.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this, and after the holiday season I'm going to start posting up. The first couple posts will be with models mostly complete, but don't fret, my plan is to start everything from opening the box to completing the paint job.

No comments:

Post a Comment